Hope's Home Ribbon Cutting Sunday March 3rd, 2013
Today Monday March 4th, 21 Medically fragile children and their families have HOPE for a better life.
Check out Hope's Home website below.
Here are some of my speaking notes from yesterday's opening.
Hope’s Home cares for medically fragile children, their siblings and children in our community
Hope’s Home is licensed for 44 daycare spaces opening Monday morning with 21 children and will be filling these spaces over the next few months.
Hope’s Home is on the wait-list to increase our daycare spaces to over 70 licensed spaces.
Employment opportunities include:
- 8 full time jobs plus casual employment
- $60,000/month (salaries) immediate impact with this number doubling within 6 months as Hope’s Home grows.
- Hope’s Home brings new jobs and economic growth.
- Practicum placement for our students (Nursing/Education/and more)
- Revitalize downtown
- Bringing hope to downtown Prince Albert
Thank you Hope's Home Board, Jacqueline Tisher and your wonderful staff and volunteers for bringing your dream and vision to our community.
A Ward 2 councillor's dream is that we might convince council, community groups to build a riverside spray park for the children from Hope's Home, Family Futures daycare and other children living downtown. A well designed play area could become a riverfront feature that would draw people from the city and make it a destination for families to play and enjoy our wonderful river view.